1. Play Nicely With Others
- Respect your peers - treat others and their contributions with respect and foster considerate dialogue.
- Do not use offensive language - inappropriate, crude, or abusive language is not only unacceptable, it's not a good way to convince anyone of your point. Any posts that contain such language will be deleted.
- Remember, there are no stupid questions - Everyone's input is welcomed and honored. "Flaming" others or demeaning their participation may build your self-esteem, but it won't help build our community.
- Report inappropriate behavior - Remove and or report to the moderators disrespectful or provocative content, but refrain form seeking vigilante justice.
- Posting in upper case - In Internet terms, posting in all uppercase is a sign of yelling. Please respect your peers and do not post in uppercase. It's also a courtesy to others to not use all uppercase when posting.
2. Act in Good Faith
- Don't pilfer material - Don't publish material to which you have no rights. If you publish a photo, icon, etc. that someone else created, make sure you give them credit for the image.
- It's about you, but not about YOU - This site exists to support an organic and communal body of information. Shameless self-promotion and hawking of wares is strictly forbidden.
- No spamming or advertising - This site is a community for "Rome" fans to discuss the show. There is no posting of advertisements or spamming other members allowed. Your post will be deleted and you will be banned.
- Please be respectful of the actors/actresses - They feel violated when the long lens of the paparazzi take photos of them going about their daily lives. Let's show the actors the privacy and respect they ask for and not post those photos on this wiki.
3. Promote Community Spirit
- Use the Moderators as a resource - Reach out to the Moderators for guidance or advice on how to best leverage this site. They are there to help.
- Share the experience - Be an ambassador of the community by enrolling others in the discussion, sponsoring a good debate, and setting a good, collaborative example.
4. Who Are The Moderators and How to Contact Them
- Here is a list of Moderators for this site. Any time you have a question, need to report inappropriate behavior (flaming, foul language, spamming etc.) feel free to send a message to any of the Moderators below. You can click on the link to their name below and it will take you to their profile page. Click on "Send a Message", and send the Moderator a message and if you can add a link to the discussion thread or page. Let the Moderator know of the offensive or inappropriate behavior and they will deal with it. All of your PM's (Private Messages) are confidential and follow-ups are handled with discretion.
Forum Discussions on the Rome Wiki
New To The "Rome Wiki?"
How do I make additions to a page?
I Image Size And Quality
Good images can really make a wiki stand out from others. We have a good range of images thanks to a number of contributors here. They are great for giving a page a certain look. There are some things to keep in mind when adding images to a page however. Good images are great and can give a page that extra something, bad images however can look distorted and can make the page look unprofessional and ugly. When adding an image to a page please remember that a format has been set up for each page, try to sick with that format as much as possible as it makes the page easier to read.
When creating a page on this wiki please remember we have our back round colour the same on all the pages. If you are creating a page you will have to change the colour to 8A1717. Select orange for the text colour.
If there is a template already in place for the page you are going to create then take advantage of it! The use of templates will ensure that all formatting is the same on pages which have sub pages. If you have decided to create a brand new page and are going to make sub pages then you should make a template so as all the pages will have the same format style, plus it will save you a lot of time.
IV Text Size
The default text size is 12pt and should be used for most text. If you are making a header on a new page size 18 emboldened works well with size 14 for all sub headers.
V Creating Tables
VI The EasyEdit Tool Bar Explained
The text standard here is Georgia and that is set to manual in the EasyEdit toolbar you don't have to change it. However if you are writing on your own profile there are other styles of texts you can choose from if you like they are available when you click on the Georgia tab, to change the colour of the font we always have it set to orange when working on a page just click on the "A" icon. If you would like a different colour then click on "custom". B is to embolden I is for italic and U is to underline.
Bullet points are a way of breaking text down into manageable chunks. There are two kinds you can use here, for example:
How To Add A Link
To insert a link on a page just click the EasyEdit button and the EasyEdit toolbar will appear. Select the text you'd like to turn into a link with your cursor and click on the "link" button on the toolbar. The "Add Link" dialog will appear. To link to a page on this site click on the Find Page button and browse to the page you want, or type the name of the page you want to link to. To create a link to another web page, type in or copy the complete URL. When you are finished click save as always.
How To Add A Widget